Suicidal ideation is an abnormal thought process. The brain can malfunction, producing feelings or thoughts that suicide is an answer to the problem even when everything in a person is fighting to live. If you are having thoughts of suicide, understand this is a neurological problem, not a thinking problem, and it can be corrected with our process.
Does Ketamine Really Help?
With the analysis of more than 24 articles that included clinical trials, it is confirmed that Ketamine Infusion Therapy is effective at reducing suicidal ideation. Ketamine has also been shown to help reduce suicidal ideation for those suffering from terminal illnesses such as cancer. In a study focusing on ketamine for suicidal ideation, three days post-infusion, there was a reduction of 90.7% in the Beck Hopelessness Scale scores.
What are the Warning Signs of Suicidal Ideation?
The symptoms of suicidal ideation vary from person to person. These symptoms might include:
- Continually talking about or making jokes about suicide
- Pursuing the means of taking your own life, such as buying a gun or gathering pills
- Mood swings
- Avoiding social contact
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Reckless or careless behavior
- Giving away belongings or saying goodbyes
- A sudden preoccupation with death or violence
Different Types of Suicidal Ideation Treatment
Something led you to seek treatment. It could be a number of things such as trauma, an unhealthy environment, inadequate coping skills, or even genetic components out of your control. Treatments plans for suicidal ideation may includemore than just our process. It could be a combination of the following:
- Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is where you and your therapist meet to identify and change troubling emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. At Scenic City Neurotherapy, we ensure that each of our patients are matched with a mental health professional who has been educated on our process and understands the necessity of a forward-focused approach.
- Addiction treatment may help if your suicidal thoughts stem from drug or alcohol addiction.
- Family education can be helpful when family members are a source of conflict. You choose whether your family is involved in your treatment. We are here to support you in helping your family better understand your condition and our treatments. Supporting A Loved One Through Neurotherapy could be a beneficial resource for you and your loved ones to learn how to be a good support system.
- Medication may be an option for someone who is suffering from suicidal thoughts. While antidepressants might work for some patients, Ketamine Infusion Therapy will help those whose suicidal ideations have been previously treatment-resistant.